We are coming to the end of 2014, and I have spent most of it being lazy in regards to this blog and reading and studying things that I enjoy. There are many reasons why that I won’t get into, but I have been trying to pull myself out of this reading slump. With that in mind, I am setting the following goals for myself for 2015.
1) More Bible Study: As someone who was doing this very frequently over a year ago, I have disappointed myself greatly this past year. This is a priority for me.
2) More Bible reading: I plan to once again follow Professor Horner’s Bible-Reading System. You can find a great explanation of the system at Tim Challies’ website.
3) Read what’s on my shelf: I’m one of those people who buys several books at once and ends up leaving one or more unread for a long period of time because other books get purchased before I get to the ones I already have. So, one of my goals this year will be to read books that have been on my shelf for a while. Part of this will include my The Fill in the Gaps: 100 Project challenge, which I’ve once again changed the dates on since I never got around to starting it. It now covers 2015-2019. I will also create a page for the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge.
4) Complete at least one of my Reading Goals: My reading goals are posted here. I will try complete my Middle-Earth goal this year. No promises, as it’s extensive.
5) Study Greek: I started studying Greek a few years ago, but I fell away from it as it got harder. I want to start over from the beginning and follow through this time. I really feel that having knowledge of this language will help dive deeper into God’s Word, drawing me closer to Him.
6) Write more: I’ve signed up for NaNoWriMo the last few years, but never completed it. November is a tough month, and I get discouraged when I fall behind, ultimately giving up. So, I’m not going to wait to work on my novel (which I started several years ago). I will work on it all year, a little at a time if necessary.
While I will review every book I read, be it fiction or non-fiction, I do not plan on doing any official book reviews. I have far too many books on my shelf/Nook that I want to read without adding more to the pile, not to mention the time I want to spend studying and writing.
And that’s that. My plans for 2015. Seeing as I still have two and a half weeks left for this year, I am giving myself a bit of a test to finish the book I’m reading now, and read one more. It will be my 2015 prequel.🙂